Monday, November 13, 2006

Wardrobe

So shirts started arriving in the mail recently and at first that seemed OK. I started to question where they were coming from. Was it my parents, sisters or in-laws? No one was cracking, everyone had a good poker face. The first shirt was a nice pullover light sweater/sweatshirt thing. Just my style. Then the button down collard pattern numbers started coming. Not my style. What is my style you ask. We'll for years now it's been Timberland T-Shirts and Jeans. Every Christmas I get a box full of long and short sleeve Timberland T-Shirts from The CEO's Godmother. Sounds kind of strange doesn't it. Anyhow, I love it. Who wouldn't. I will admit that I was due for a wardrobe update but when Timberland Tees and Jeans puts you in the "dressed better than most people" category at work what's the rush in upgrading. I'm looking pretty good at my workplace. I gotta guess that it's been at least four years that my family has been hoping I'd upgrade and the more they hoped and teased the less I wanted to do about it. It's not the clothes that make the man. However, the time had really finally arrived that I needed to make some improvements and one stop to Old Navy and three shirts later I'm upgraded, done, complete, improved. I'm sure the family is torn, I'm guessing they are happy to hear that I've picked up some new clothes, yet sad to know that it is only three shirts and all from Old Navy. Hey, what are you gonna do. That's me. I mean who really wants to shop for clothes. I hate it. Shopping is like golf, the fun to time ratio is way out of balance.

Oh yeah and of course it was my parents who were sending the shirts.

1 comment:

Shannon Brazil said...

Even though the first shirt came wrapped in the tell-tale pink paper used by the Reading, Massachusetts florist which JC regularly recycles for gifts, you still allowed yourself to fully revel in the mystery of it. I had no idea how much you love a good mystery, TonyC. Noted. xo