Saturday, November 18, 2006

Bloggin and a Nano

Two big things are going down in the life of the CEO.
1-She has started blogging.
2-She just got an iPod Nano.

1) The blogging is great I'm glad she's going to get some of her writing out there. She's got a pretty strong community of email buddies and I'm sure her blog will quickly see more traffic than Tony-C.blogspot.com does. Here's a question: I've always tried to maintain an air of anonymity to my blog and The CEO is not doing that with her's. Should I link her on my blog and blow my cover or should I not and continue to pretend that I'm an unknown. Any thoughts?

2) It is now a job requirement for her to have one, yes it is true. Anyhow, I've got to admit she has not even turned the device on and it is obvious that it is the best music player ever made. Just the packaging alone is phenomenal and the instructions appear to be simple and clear. Apple is truly one of the greatest product design companies ever. It's interesting that other companies don't follow their model. The iPod is clearly wildly successful, even at such a high price point. It goes to show you that people will purchase a product, that cost more than competing devices, if it delivers a superior experience. Why can't every thing be so good. I remember I once had a cheap teapot that splattered out the first pour of water for every cup. The teapot couldn't even function as a teapot. I mean why make it? Why sell it? That teapot represents a lot of the current high tech gadgets. They are just there to stuff the shelves to try and make a buck for some big company. They company doesn't seem to care to provide the buyer with a good experience. I think we've becoming so used to battling failures with high tech stuff that our level of failure acceptance has become quite high and this must change.

4 comments:

Shannon Brazil said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Shannon Brazil said...

1. It's not so much a blog as a work space and it will dissatisfying next to yours, my love.

2. I'm actually afraid to use my Ipod. It's like meeting a celebrity - one never lives up to the fantasy.

Anonymous said...

I’m weighing in on the Mac vs. PC issue one post too late.

Aesthetics: The Mac has the cool, origami-like packaging, the clean lines of the machine itself, and the minimalist elegance of the OS (of which Windows is a clumsy knock-off). I can see why Macs, and not Dells, are in MOMA.

Better stability/security/convenience: No viruses. Digital cameras and MP3 players work more seamlessly with iTunes and iPhoto than with Windows equivalents. Apple stuff doesn’t require instruction books and help lines.

Creativity: Because there are better graphic-design programs for Macs, if you’re a graphic designer, photographer or illustrator – or you work with people like that – you go Mac.

Technical: Better nanogigs per 32-bit encrypted disc 124k remote driver. Actually, this is utter gibberish I just made up. I thought some jargon might help me sound like a credible expert…which I’m not.

Intangibles: Also known as “total awesomeness.” That goes to the Mac.

For the record, in a related debate, I’ll reach for a Mr. Pibb over a Dr. Pepper each and every time. I prefer Mr. Pibb’s well-integrated tannins, hints of root beer and cherry, faint notes of chocolate and oak, and its long, bold finish. An excellent cola that compliments fish and foul equally well.

biG

jb said...

I think you should stay anonymous.
I kind of followed your lead with that. I never mention names. Sometimes I want to, because really, only two people read my blog, but whatever.
I think you should stand alone and remain stealth!
I am rethinking my blog. It seems to have turned into a complaining area for me.
I have a coffee pot like your tea pot. It leaks all over once you pull the carafe out. Who tests this crap and says, "oh well, they will buy it anyway" They care not about me.
jb