Friday, November 24, 2006

Thanksgiving/Line Rider

Had a wonderful Thanksgiving. The CEO cooked up a fantastic meal. I was pondering Thanksgivings past and was recalling one in particular which I had such a shameful little thought during. Let it first be known that I love bread. We were at my Aunts and I think someone forgot to pick up bread and all that was available were hamburger rolls (wonder bread style) and I can remember thinking "this sucks." What a jerk I was. My Aunt and Uncle were kind enough to provide a good meal with all the fixings and I'm upset that I can't have my precious little piece of bread to soak up my gravey. Although I don't believe anyone was aware of my rude thoughts I am apologizing for them here on my blog. Sorry.

Heard about this game on NPR it is strangely addictive:
LineRider

2 comments:

2kool4skool said...

I, too, have been guilty of feeling ungrateful at Thanksgiving, but my issue was NO GRAVY. I mean, come on. GRAVY.

The older girl liked doing line rider. (So did I.) SL pointed out that if you go to you tube, search for line rider, and sort by views, you will see some crazy ones that people have spent countless hours creating. Where do they get that kind of time?

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'm going to come in here with my belated opine on Mac vs. PC. (I do think Tony C's "oh it comes down to "cool" "uncool" is a bit reductive). All I can say is that I don't have a Mac, I have a PC from a computer company that shall remain nameless because I don't want to get anyone I love fired...but recently it just up and failed on me. It does this increasingly and this time I lost all my folders--which means I lost a lot of assignments I'd created for my classes and some of my own writing. Yes, I should have dumped stuff onto the thumb more recently...PC, don't blame me! It's the PC's fault for failing in the first place. All I know is I had a MAC for 10 wonderful, glorious, happy years...and I'm saving up money so I can buy a another one. OH DREAM!!

Also, I do think that feeling guilty over the thanksgiving bread incident is taking things a little far. Yes, I see the larger point, we should always be as grateful as possible. Yes, this afternoon as I sit in front of my Christmas tree grading papers, I will, somewhere in the back of my mind be grateful that I have job that allows me to do that, but that doesn't me I won't be cursing, too!

Ka